Friday, September 9, 2022

Eminem Calls Jesus His Savior


Eminem often reminds us of his musical hitmaker's violent and irreverent rap lyrics, including talking about his wife's murder or drug abuse.

DJ Khaled, who has produced hit songs for countless artists, released a new studio album titled “God Did” on August 26. Five days later the album is number 1 on the Itunes list. As of today, it has nearly two million views on YouTube.

“God Did” features a remix of Kanye West's gospel song “Use This Gospel,” which was originally released on his “Jesus Is King” album; and in this new album it is presented in the form of a verse rapped by Eminem, declaring his trust in God, crying out and praising Him, and mentioning Jesus as his savior.  

 
A Path Between Darkness And Light
Although Christians would love to be able to say that one of the most profane artists of the decade follows Jesus, at best it can only be said that he is on the way to doing so.

Over the years, Eminem has been outspoken about his struggles with mental health issues. In times past, the dark image of him was the exact opposite of glorifying God. But in recent years, he seems to have turned to the Bible.

According to his friend Rapzilla, Eminem a few years ago would pray before his shows in the early 2000s and "than rap some of the most profane hip-hop of all time."

“Use This Gospel”
The chorus begins with a statement from West, who in recent years has professed to be a Christian. “Use this Gospel for protection. It is a difficult road to Heaven. We invoke Your blessings. In the Father, we put our faith,” West sings. “Realm King, our demons are trembling. Holy angels defend us. In the Father, we put our faith.”

Eminem begins his rap by focusing on Satan's attacks and cries out for God to help him. "I'm holding on, but I don't know if I can hold on much longer. Today is the day I put all my trust and faith in You, Father," the Detroit-raised artist raps.

Later he says: "So I cry to you, my Savior, to rescue me from these depths of despair/For these demons to leave me for He is my shepherd/I am armed with Jesus, my weapon is prayer."

Eminem concludes his speech by saying: "The Bible by my side is like a rifle, a gift given by God/Every day I thank God/That's why I pay him this tribute/Praise be to Jesus, I always will".

Related Posts

Post Your Comments

Like Our Page

Follow Us On Twitter

Chat With Us