Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Pastor Defends Wife Showing Breasts In Revealing Dress


Meagan Good was brought to tears when someone criticized her clothing choices at a Church event, but the actress' husband, DeVon Franklin, defended his wife's honor.

During the event which was live-streamed all over the world, one woman questioned the 34-year-old actress about her clothing choices.

"This is not offensive, but I was at the grocery store and I looked at a newsstand and saw you, and you had your breasts showing. I wasn't going to come here, but the Lord brought me here to see you," the woman told Good. "You are a beautiful young woman and your testimony is awesome. The Lord let me come and push past the judgment because you have to make sure what you say and what you do match up, you understand?"

 
When the woman concluded her statement by asking Good if she would "cover-up," her husband and the president of Franklin Entertainment stepped in.

"Wait a minute. No! That is not what we're here for," Franklin firmly told the woman. "She's not gonna cover up, she is gonna wear what she wants to wear in the name of Jesus, amen. Amen?"

The exchange left Good emotional, and she was seen wiping tears from her face. Franklin, the 37-year-old preacher who co-authored The Wait with his wife made sure to express love for the woman while defending his wife's Christian faith.

"God bless you, we love you. I love you dearly, but she has been a Christian as she is right now. She wore whatever she wanted to wear. So no, we ain't doing that," he said. "Y'all about to see another Devon that y'all ain't never seen! Remember, I'm from Oakland now!"

While the audience was amused at Franklin's response, Meagan Good decided to address the issue firsthand.

"I'd like to say one thing. I could've addressed what she said and it would take me a while to address it because I have very specific feelings about that," she said. "But I just want to say to that young lady, however, you feel, if that's how you really feel, then pray for me. And God bless you."

Meagan Good has not shied away from choosing clothing options with a plunging neckline or exposed skin and admitted to being upset with her critics from within the Church after receiving their negative responses. Last year the couple appeared as speakers at the Essence Festival empowerment panel where they spoke about overcoming harsh criticism from the Church.

"It kind of made me upset with the Church for a while. People don't know what they do, but you have to love them regardless," she said. "But you have to own your truth."

Although her husband is a preacher, he supported his wife and shared his perspective on the matter.

Related Posts

Post Your Comments

Like Our Page

Follow Us On Twitter

Chat With Us